New Service Information
- $30 for a Single Residential Account
- $35 for a Single Residential Account in Outside City limits
- $125 for an account in which the applicant is a renter, unless the renter can demonstrate "good utility credit", in which case the deposit will be reduced to $60
- $100 minimum for two or more Residential, Multi-unit, or a Commercial account, depending on a 12 month average of either the new customer from a previous location, or, prior customer at location of new service and/or another account of similar type and/or size.
$15 New Service fee will be billed on the first bill. If transferring service, there is a $15 transfer fee on the first bill at the new address.
The water rates will differ for Residential, Multi-Unit Residential or Commercial accounts (see water rate schedule). The meter is read once per month at different times of the month depending on the area of town. This service is billed according to consumption registering on water meter. We bill per thousand gallon(s) of water. Our meter is read from left to right. We do not pick up the last three numbers to the right, which would be the ones, tens, and hundreds of gallons. (See example attached) Rates outside the City limits are one and one-half times the inside City limit rate.
All new Residential (1 to 3 units) accounts start at $27.75, which is a 7,000 gallon average usage. The 7,000 gallon(s) average usage at the Senior/Disability Rate is $24.66. An average consumption is figured using the billings for the month of December, January, and February. A sewer rate is assigned to the account, based on this average. This rate goes into effect the following April 1st. Sewer rates are subject to change on April 1st of each year depending on an average of the three previous winter months. Sewer rates on Commercial accounts or Multi-family Residential accounts are based on actual monthly consumption of water. Rates outside the City limits are one and one-half times the inside City limit rate.
- Unmetered accounts inside the City limits are billed a flat rate of $27.75 (or $24.66 based on the Senior/Disability Rate).
- Unmetered accounts outside the City limits are billed a flat rate of $41.66 or $37.07 based on the Senior/Disability Rate).
Inside City Limits
- Residential accounts (1 to 3 units) are currently billed $21.64per unit per month plus sales tax.
- Multi-unit accounts (4 or more units) are currently billed $11.22 per unit plus sales tax.
- Commercial Trash accounts are billed according to the number of containers and the number of pickups each week:
|2 times per week||$83.25 per month, plus any sales tax|
|3 times per week||$118.92 per month, plus any sales tax|
|4 times per week||$166.49 per month, plus any sales tax|
|5 times per week||$202.16 per month, plus any sales tax|
Commercial customers that have separate accounts my share a container that required only 2 times per week pick-ups. The rate for sharing a container shall be $42.49 per month per customer, plus any sales tax.
Outside City Limits
- Residential accounts (1 to 3 units) are currently billed $73.21 per unit per month plus sales tax for twice a week pick-ups or $52.54 per unit per month plus sales tax for once a week pick-ups. The frequency of pick-ups shall be solely determined by the Solid Waste Superintendent.
- Commercial Trash accounts are billed $64.56 per month plus sales tax according to the number of containers and the number of pickups each week.
If you should have any questions, please call Customer Service at 335-3204 for more information.