OPD Investigating Rash of Auto Burglaries in Northeast Odessa
This past weekend, the Odessa Police Department responded to approximately 14 auto burglaries that occurred between University & 42nd Street and between Grandview & Tanglewood. At this time the Odessa Police Department is in the process of collecting surveillance footage and no arrests have been made.
The vast majority of auto burglaries are occurring as a result of leaving the vehicle unlocked along with valuable items left in plain sight. Citizens are encouraged to monitor all crime occurring in their neighborhoods by going to communitycrimemap.com or by signing up with Nextdoor.
Auto Burglary Prevention Tips:
1) Close your windows and lock your doors.
2) Take your keys & hide your belongings in the trunk if possible.
3) Avoid leaving valuable items, weapons, spare keys and personal documents inside your vehicles.
4) Park in well-lit areas when possible.
5) Report all suspicious activity, suspicious persons, and suspicious vehicles.