Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Office Phone: (432) 335-4967
Under the immediate direction of the Chief of Police, is the Police Legal Advisor, A. Feliz Abalos. The Legal Advisor is responsible for counseling the Chief regarding criminal and civil law matters that affect the Department.
The legal advisor also provides the following services:
- Serves as a library of legal information by issuing legal bulletins on a continuous basis that update and educate department personnel on recent court rulings and other issues concerning police matters.
- Provides legal advice to police personnel concerning state and federal statutes and municipal ordinances.
- Serves as legal counsel to the Police Chief concerning departmental policies and legal issues.
- Serves as a liaison to the Office of the State Attorney, as well as liaison to other local and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Monitors, reviews and helps draft legislation as it relates to law enforcement issues.
- Supervises the staff of attorneys in the Municipal Court Prosecutor's Office and serves as a liaison between the Municipal Court and the Police Department.